JamBaze Whatsapp Update

Offset Won’t Be Charged in Phone Smashing Case

Offset Won’t Be Charged in Phone Smashing Case

Offset Won’t Be Charged in Phone Smashing Case

Offset Won’t Be Charged in Phone Smashing Case: Offset is reportedly off the hook for a serious legal matter.

According to a report TMZ published on Thursday (May 30), the Migos rapper will not be facing charges for smacking a phone out of a fan’s hand and allegedly breaking it at an Atlanta-area Target in April. The celebrity news site reports that the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office in Georgia has officially closed the case.

Police involved in the matter reportedly said that prosecutors decided not to pursue charges, as Offset and the alleged victim, Junior Gibbons, came to a mutual agreement without the court. The terms of the agreement have not been disclosed.

As previously reported, 18-year-old Gibbons attempted to approach Offset while the rapper was shopping. Gibbons filmed the encounter with Offset. The rapper reportedly told him, “[Get that] fucking phone outta my face,” as he smacked the phone to the ground, causing it to break. Subsequently, the teen’s mother decided to file a police report over the incident.

A warrant was soon issued, and authorities in Sandy Springs, Ga. decided to hit Offset with a felony charge, as the broken phone was priced at $800. In the state of Georgia, anything above $500 can qualify as criminal damage to property. Offset’s lawyer, Drew Findling, called the charges “disgraceful” and claimed Gibbons just wanted “an extended 15 minutes of fame.”

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: