Soulja Boy’s Kidnapping Case Thrown Out Due to Lack of Evidence
Soulja Boy’s Kidnapping Case Thrown Out Due to Lack of Evidence: Soulja Boy recently received a bit of good news as he sits in a Los Angeles jail serving out a sentence for a probation violation. The kidnapping case the rapper was facing has been thrown out due to lack of evidence.
On Sunday (June 23), TMZ reported prosecutors have declined to pursue charges in the case. According to the Ventura County District Attorney, police assigned to investigating the allegations could not find any evidence to back up the woman’s claims that she was held hostage in SB’s home and not allowed to leave following a fight.
As previously reported, Soulja Boy was accused of kidnapping by his ex-girlfriend Kayla back in February. She claims she was backing out of the rapper’s driveway when she hit something. From there, the woman alleges SB’s assistant assaulted her and Soulja joined in. After the fight, Kayla told authorities she was tied up in the home for six hours before being released.
Soulja denied the claims and says the woman’s version of what happened is a lie. Police ended up searching his home to investigate the alleged crime, which led to them finding ammunition. This was the catalyst for his probation violation, which led to him being sentenced to 240 days in jail.
Soulja Boy recently checked in with fans from behind bars via phone and said he will have the biggest comeback of 2019 when he gets released.